Monday, December 10, 2007

Is Santa real?

The other day, Jacob asked me if Santa was real. I wasn't sure what to say. Do I lie or tell the truth? I'm not a big fan of getting kids overly excited about Santa or the Easter bunny because I feel it distracts them fromt he TRUE meaning of the holiday, but I also don't want to crush his excitement. Instead of answering his question, I asked him if he new why we celebrated Christmas. He said it was because Jesus was born on Christmas. I went on to talk about Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem and the shepards and the wise men coming to see baby Jesus in the manger. He eventually forgot about his question so I guess I'm safe from answering it for now.


Today in the car Kyle said "HoHo (Santa) buys candy and gives it to kids." I asked him if he gives it to nice kids or naughty kids and he said, "one naughty kid." Do you think he's referring to himself?
Later in the evening I asked him if he wanted HoHo to bring him candy or toys and he said candy. That would make Christmas shopping easy!

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Just send him to Cameron. He's more than happy to set the record straight no matter how many threats I impose!