Saturday, July 12, 2008

Going Home

It looks like I'll be going home this morning. It feels so bittersweet. I'm definitely ready to get home to see the boys and to sleep in my own bed tonight, but I feel like when I leave the hospital, it's all over. I'm not pregnant anymore. I'm not carrying Nathaniel anymore. I'm leaving the one place where I got to see and hold him.

The innate bond that God gives a parent for a child is incredible. It's amazing the love that's formed for someone we barely had a chance to know. Although loving so deeply hurts, I'm thankful for it.

We have some amazing pictures from Kathleen, our volunteer photographer from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. She took over a hundred pictures and did a wonderful job. We feel so blessed to have these pictures that we will treasure forever.

Mel was so proud to show everyone his new son. He took Nathaniel around so everyone could see him.



5 comments:

Undomestic said...

I felt so honored to get to see Nathaniel and to spend some time with you guys that night.

My prayers are for healing for you, physically and in your heart.

Angela's Kitchen said...

Thank you much for sharing your sweet boy with us. I don't have words to say what is in my heart for you and Mel and the boys, but know we have been praying for healing and comfort and will keep doing so.

IrishMommy said...

Nathaniel has blessed our lives in so many ways. Thanks for allowing me to have the pleasure to meet him and spend such precious time with you and your family.

AnnD said...

I have followed your story - and had so hoped for a miracle.

No more words to help - but many thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

Kim said...

Andrea,
As I said in my last comment, I am at a loss. I wish I knew the words to say to comfort you. I hope for you and your family,hope, comfort and love in this difficult time.
Please contact me if you need anything.