Sunday, August 03, 2008

Were You Speaking to Me?

You know when you go to church and you feel that the message is meant just for you? And the songs you sing are meant just for you? That's how I felt today. Last week at church I was a blubbering mess. It was the first Sunday after Nathaniel's service and just being in the church brought up a lot of feelings of sadness and heartache. Today was different though. One of the songs during worship was "Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin. I remembered singing this song in church a couple of months ago and resting on the words "Remember your people, remember your children, remember your promise, O God." As I sang it then, it was like I was pleading for God not to forget about us; for Him not to abandon us when we needed Him most. Today when I sang it, my heart rested on the words "you lead us by still waters" and "your grace is enough." His grace is enough to see us through anything. He isn't going to abandon us. I know that. He's proven it time and again in our lives.

The song alone would have been enough to make my morning, but God didn't stop at that. The message today was centered on the scripture from Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." How perfect for my restless heart and mind. Were You speaking directly to me today, God? Thank you for reminding me that I don't need to worry about how we move forward or what our future holds. You are God no matter what happens to us and you will lead us by still waters when we listen to you and put our trust in you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice. How beautiful.

IrishMommy said...

Goosebumps! I love that feeling... God is working on healing your heart, Andrea. little strides each day!