Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet...and not so much

It's been a busy past week. We have Melinda, Stella and Sophia visiting and the house is active. Both Jacob and Kyle love having Stella here to play with. Stella hasn't quite figured out the sharing thing so Kyle and her have had a few tug-o-war battles over toys. Unfortunately a few toys have battle scars from the disputes. The cowboy costume got a tear and poor Curious George almost lost both his arms.
The boys also dote over Sophia, asking to hold her and feed her. If Sophia cries and no one picks her up right away, Kyle will sing quietly to her. It's sweet to see the tender side in both boys.
Oh I wish I would have seen the sweet and tender side of Kyle the other day at Target. After about thirty minutes of shopping and Kyle not listening very well anymore, he decided to climb on stacks of paper towels on the end cap. I told Kyle sternly to get down to which he ignored me. So I grabbed his arm and repeated sternly for him to get down again. He climbed down, looked me in the eyes and said, "Do you want a piece of meat?!" What? I tried not to laugh at his mis-worded phrase so I could deal with his sassiness. Where on earth did he hear that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That made me crack up! I don't know how you can "punish" that kid! He is so funny!