Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tyle

Kyle had his kindergarten screening a few weeks ago and they recommended he be evaluated for speech. The evaluation showed that yes there are a few sounds he should be able to say by now that he doesn't, but no he doesn't qualify for any speech services through the school district. I'm glad he doesn't qualify because that means his delay isn't too concerning. However, that means I need to work with him at home. The speech therapist who did the screening gave me a whole packet of exercises to do with Kyle. Mainly right now he needs to work on the K and G sounds.

I usually don't have a problem understanding Kyle's speech, but now I'm noticing more how he pronounces his words. Here are a few of the things he said to me today.

I need a hud and a tiss (I need a hug and I kiss)
I have a tootie (I have a cookie)
My Daydup is sit (My Jacob is sick)
triandle (triangle)
sthnats (snacks)
Tyle (Kyle)

No comments: