The boys are off to a good start at school. Jacob is enjoying 2nd grade so far. The first few weeks he was really excited to be back and see his friends, but the novelty of that has worn off. Now he looks forward to the weekends.




The big news on the horizon...Georgia. Mel is taking a position as an instructor at Fort Benning so we are relocating. Soon. We've been waiting since July for orders, but things finally seem to be progressing as far as paperwork is concerned. Hopefully we'll be there before the snow flies and we can enjoy our first mild winter!
At first the boys were a little apprehensive about the move, Jacob especially. But now I think they're excited. When Mel and I were down in Columbus in August we took a picture of a lizard we saw for Kyle and now he's ecstatic that we'll be living in an area with lizards. He's easy to please.
We didn't sign Jacob up for sports this fall as we weren't sure of exact dates with our move. Somehow though, our evenings still feel full with homework and lessons with both boys, enjoying the fall weather and getting things in order for our move. My to-do list seems never ending and although I'm sad to leave my hometown of 35 years, I'll be happy when we're resettled in our new home.
More to follow on our move as we know more.

2 comments:
I can't believe you're moving. :(
Best of luck on your move!
Post a Comment