Friday, June 11, 2010

Ben

This is Ben...


...our dog.

Yes I must be crazy and my only defense is "the boys really wanted a dog." So we are the owners of a super sweet almost two year old Basset Hound named Ben.

I have to admit I have a love/hate (not hate, dislike maybe) relationship with him. For instance I really love his gentle demeanor and I love to watch the boys play and cuddle with him. However, I strongly dislike when he buries his bone in my garden or he finds a stuffed animal or my slipper and makes it his new chew toy. Or when he shows new skills like climbing up on the kitchen chair, putting his front paws on the table and eating the plate of hamburgers I left there for Mel. We've had Ben for almost two months and he's never shown any interest in food on the counters or table. This particular shenanigan happened when I went outside for 5 minutes to water my plants. I walked back inside and caught him in the act. BAD DOG! Dogs are a lot like kids. They know what they are and aren't suppose to do and when nobody's looking, they are overcome by temptation to do what they know they aren't supposed to do.

No comments: