With hot temperatures in the upper nineties, we're forced to find things to do inside. And while there are plenty of indoor play places I can take the boys, I've been trying to be more creative and hopefully teach them some new skills too. Last week the boys each chose a dinner and dessert recipe to help me make. Jacob chose hamburgers and triple chocolate cake. He helped peel sweet potatoes and mix the ground beef. It all turned out delicious. Even Ben liked the burgers...
bad dog.



Both Jacob and Kyle helped with the chocolate cake. I totally goofed by not using self-rising flour. (I didn't realize that all purpose flour wasn't the same.) So here's the finished, very flat cake we made. Jacob told me, "Don't worry mom. It wasn't your fault. It was the recipe." (From a kid's cookbook, mind you.) Oh well. The frosting was yummy!

No comments:
Post a Comment