Thursday, June 22, 2006

Literally chasing two boys

When I started this blog, I was thinking about an appropriate name- something that really summed up my daily life. Professional business woman? No. Entrepreneur? No. Successfull celebrity? No. Important doctor or nurse? No.

Here's a summary of my morning today. While I was preparing blueberry pancakes for breakfast today, Kyle continually pulled at my legs insisting that I pick him up so he could "help" stir the batter. To distract him I put him in his highchair and give him frozen blueberries. (sidenote- don't give your child frozen berries. They make EVERYTHING blue, lips, fingers, face...) I take the berries away from him, clean his face and hands and give him a pancake to eat instead. Of course he is only interested in the berries so he picks out every blueberry in the pancake (which is actually messier than frozen berries.) By the time I clean him up a second time, Jacob is up. I get Kyle down from his highchair and fix a plate of pancakes for Jacob. I go back to the stove and when I turned around I see Kyle climbing on the chair reaching for my full cup of coffee on the table. I race to save the coffee milliseconds before his little blue figures are able to knock it over. I put Kyle on the floor, give him his sippy cup and leave the room to get dressed. Moments later I hear Jacob yell "Kyle's on the table and he's trying to eat my pancakes." Back to the kitchen I go, grab Kyle, wash his hands again, and take him to the bedroom with me so I can finish getting dressed. This is almost as much fun for him because he likes to play with the lamp on the nightstand or pull the cord on the fan. I quickly throw some clothes on hoping they match and grab Kyle once again before something breaks or he's electrocuted and I take him to the living room where I try to distract him with toys. Seeing that he's playing happily with Jacob's sword I head downstairs to check my email. My computer hasn't fully booted yet when I hear Jacob say to Kyle "Hey that's my fork!" Then I hear the silverware drawer open and shortly after that the ping, pinging of more silverware.
I go upstairs to assess the situation to find Kyle standing on the table, fork in hand, laughing as he and Jacob play fork fighting. And this is all before 8:15 am.

Hmmm. What would be a good name for my blog?

No comments: