The last couple of weeks, my conversations with Kyle have gone something like this.
Mom!
What Kyle.
Mom, Mom.
What Ky...
Mom!
What do you want to tell me?
Mom, Mom, Mom.
At which point I'm getting irritated because either he just wants my attention or he can't put his thought into words. I think it's the first one so I get down to his level, look him in the eye and ask him what he wants. By this point he's already moved on to something else and could care less about me... for about 3 minutes when this starts all over again. I don't get it! I don't remember this phase with Jacob. It's almost like the "why? why?" phase. Sometimes I tune him out without even thinking about it. That probably perpetuates the problem.
Because of my guilt of tuning out my child I've decided to use this post to highlight the funny things Kyle says that make me and Mel laugh.
Kyle, what is your favorite food?
Hotdogs.
What makes you happy?
Hotdogs.
What do you want to be for Halloween?
A hotdog.
The boy loves hotdogs and I don't even buy them very often. I refuse to buy the "regular" ones because of all the chemicals in them so I pay 3x the price for Oscar Meyer Natural hotdogs that are made with minimal processing and no nitrates. When we go to the grocery store Kyle asks "buy more hotdogs?"
His other favorite food is milk. It's the first thing he asks for in the morning and the last thing he asks for at night. His new word for milk right now is "milt."
His other new thing lately is doing everything himself. He wants to get dressed, put on his shoes, brush his teeth, etc. He says "me do dat" or " me do myself" if I try to help him. I know it's a huge milestone and I have to remind myself of that when our morning routine takes twice as long!
Ahhh, the wonderful twos. Such a time of growth...for both of us.
Mom!
What Kyle.
Mom, Mom.
What Ky...
Mom!
What do you want to tell me?
Mom, Mom, Mom.
At which point I'm getting irritated because either he just wants my attention or he can't put his thought into words. I think it's the first one so I get down to his level, look him in the eye and ask him what he wants. By this point he's already moved on to something else and could care less about me... for about 3 minutes when this starts all over again. I don't get it! I don't remember this phase with Jacob. It's almost like the "why? why?" phase. Sometimes I tune him out without even thinking about it. That probably perpetuates the problem.
Because of my guilt of tuning out my child I've decided to use this post to highlight the funny things Kyle says that make me and Mel laugh.
Kyle, what is your favorite food?
Hotdogs.
What makes you happy?
Hotdogs.
What do you want to be for Halloween?
A hotdog.
The boy loves hotdogs and I don't even buy them very often. I refuse to buy the "regular" ones because of all the chemicals in them so I pay 3x the price for Oscar Meyer Natural hotdogs that are made with minimal processing and no nitrates. When we go to the grocery store Kyle asks "buy more hotdogs?"
His other favorite food is milk. It's the first thing he asks for in the morning and the last thing he asks for at night. His new word for milk right now is "milt."
His other new thing lately is doing everything himself. He wants to get dressed, put on his shoes, brush his teeth, etc. He says "me do dat" or " me do myself" if I try to help him. I know it's a huge milestone and I have to remind myself of that when our morning routine takes twice as long!
Ahhh, the wonderful twos. Such a time of growth...for both of us.

1 comment:
At least he's not saying MILF!
Post a Comment