Monday, January 14, 2008

Germs

I do my best to keep the kids healthy. If we're at a public play area I make sure they wash their hands after they play or I use the antibacterial hand wash. If one of them is sick, I do everything in my power to keep them from sharing food or cups, etc. I don't think I go overboard. They do have their share of illness, but if I can protect our household from getting the stomach flu just once, then that's success.
So you can imagine my horror the other day when I was sitting in the bleachers watching Jacob's skating lesson and I looked down to find Kyle laying beneath the bleacher licking the underside of the bench! I quickly scooped him up and asked him what he was doing to which he replied, "licking the gum."
Why do I even bother keeping their hands clean? Kyle goes straight to the source.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Thanks for my morning laugh!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOhhhhhh gross Kyle! Boys!