Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sharing Germs

Last week my friend Cari gave Kyle a book called "Germs Are Not for Sharing." Actually it was more as a joke to me, I think, in reference to me always trying to keep my kids from "sharing" their germs when they're sick. The book is kind of funny, but it does teach children to cough into their sleeve, use a tissue if you sneeze, wash your hands, etc. Here's one page:
Cough, cough, cough!
What do you need to do?
Turn your head away.
Cough into your sleeve.
Why?
Because germs are not for sharing.

Kyle and I have read the book a couple times and the other day he actually showed me how he coughs into his sleeve, so I guess he's learned something.
So Kyle and I are having a totally different conversation last night about how Jesus loves us and that He wants us to do things that make Him happy. I asked Kyle what makes Jesus happy and then we started to list things.
Being kind to others.
Praying and talking to Jesus.
Sharing... to which Kyle added "germs!"

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Oh, and actually it was the bench linking incident that prompted the purchase!