**Updated Friday 3/21** The dermatologist called today to say that it was a benign cyst, nothing to worry about.
Kyle had an appointment with the dermatologist this morning to "scrape off" and biopsy a bump that was on his cheek.
Kyle was a trooper during the procedure. We arrived 30 minutes early so they could apply a numbing cream to the area (this was optional, but I'm so glad we did it). After waiting for the cream to take effect, they gave him a shot of more numbing stuff. I had to lay next to him and hold his arms and head still. I think that's when he got scared. He cried a little but let the doctor do her thing. The doctor said there was a cyst below the skin. Because of that, she's pretty sure the bump was a Keratosis Pilaris which is a benign condition. She was also able to remove the cyst so it should heal up without any further treatment. They will still send the tissue to be biopsied to be sure it isn't something else. The whole procedure was over in a few minutes, thankfully. I don't think he would have been so good if it had taken any longer.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I never noticed it.
Sounds like Kyle was a trooper...and you too!
Post a Comment