Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blog and News Article

Earlier today I was reading a blog by the wife of one of Selah's band members. They lost their baby girl shortly after birth this past April. Angie is an amazing writer and bares her soul. Here's her blog if you're interested in reading her inspirational stories. Have tissues handy. Her story is very powerful.

Somewhere from her website I linked to another site and came across this recent MSN article about perinatal hospice care to support families facing a terminal prenatal diagnosis. Many large hospitals have these types of programs in place. The article references Annette Klein at the Birth Center at United Hospital. She gave birth to a stillborn daughter back in 1982. The doctors gave her only a short time to hold her newborn. Even though the time was short, it was precious. Today she helps other parents facing similar situations plan and prepare for the birth of their children who aren't expected to live.
Mel and I will be meeting with Annette Klein next week. At first, I was a little apprehensive and wanted to put it off, but when I spoke with her on the phone she was very compassionate. She seems to have a big heart for this ministry.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

I love her honesty.

Undomestic said...

I love her honesty on that blog.