Monday, May 12, 2008

Breakfast in Bed

Ha! Not in my house. The plan was for the boys to help their dad make blueberry pancakes Mother's Day morning. I made sure we had all the ingredients on hand the day before, fresh blueberries, maple syrup, coffee, juice... I was pretty sure we had two boxes of pancake mix in the cupboard so I didn't buy any when I was grocery shopping.
I prepped the boys the night before saying they were going to help dad make me breakfast on my special. I did everything except physically get up and make the pancakes myself Sunday morning. So why didn't I get my breakfast in bed? Because Mel looked in the cupboard and said there wasn't enough pancake mix left. I told him I was pretty sure we had two boxes and if not, he could make omelets instead (he can actually make good omelets). He said he was craving pancakes and let's just go out for breakfast. Okay an hour later, we're all ready and heading out the door. I take a quick peak in the cupboard and see two boxes of pancake mix. Mel comes in the kitchen and says "Oops, I thought this was the pancake mix," as he grabs the almost empty box of Uncle Ben's Rice. Um, no. It's probably a good thing we ate out. Our buffet breakfast was delicious. We had a good rest of the day too. We went to the garden center and picked out flowers and a few pepper plants and herbs. We stopped at Mel's mom's house for a little while and then came home and relaxed. Mel played with the boys outside for a few hours and I just relaxed and read the paper. All in all a great day.

4 comments:

Undomestic said...

So did the kids have blueberry pancakes this morning?

Glad you had a relaxing day. You so deserve it!

IrishMommy said...

Here is a great homemade pancake recipe for Mel next time... It must be so hard to be a man?

1 egg
1 C. Buttermilk
0.75 C. Flour
1 T. Sugar
0.25 t. Salt
1 t. Soda

Happy Mother's Day!

Shannon said...

Funny! LOL
I am glad you got to enjoy a nice warm breakfast!!

Anonymous said...

That is really funny! I'm glad you had a nice day after all. The shopping and resting sound just right!