I glanced at the calendar yesterday and then flipped back to April. My eyes landed on April 21st. It read "ultrasound 4:00." How excited I'd been for that day to come. Now I wish I could go back to the day before. Kyle's birthday actually. It was a fun day. The weather was beautiful and sunny. Kyle and Jacob were both excited. We played outside most of the day and then had fun at Kyle's party with his friends. I went to sleep that night in anticipation, excited to learn the future dynamics of our family- would we raise another boy or be surprised to learn we were having a girl. How could I have known the plans we were making would all change.
Mel keeps saying not to give up hope. I totally agree, but it's easier said than done when the doctor doesn't leave much room for hope in his diagnosis. I've read a few stories online where parents were given a prognosis of lethal skeletal dysplasia and their babies were born with a milder form that was compatible with life called Achondroplasia. Here is the blog from one family.
We see the perinatalogist again on Monday and they will do another ultrasound. Please pray for healing, a miracle, a less severe condition- whatever God's will is for little Nathaniel. We believe and know God can and does perform miracles.

5 comments:
You look great!!! And you always have my prayers. I believe in miracles!!! Prayers work!
Andrea,
Your Faith and HOPE along with everyone's prayers will get your through this. I was reading the blog about baby "Owen" and what an amazing story they have to share!
Thank you for keeping your blog up - I have a lot of friends/family praying for you and like to get updates...
Andrea,
I was contacted about your story. My son was diagnosed with a lethal skeletal dysplasia at 35 weeks. He is now 2 1/2 and has achon, but is really quite mild. In fact when he was born they had to take blood to ensure he did not have hypochondroplasia. I was thrown a real curve ball.
My blog is www.monkeyandmommyraab.blogspot.com
I am "friends" through the net with Cat and her little Owen. We are like this great family! On the side of my blog are links to other moms who have kids with skeletal dysplasias. It may help if you start at the beginning of my blog-called Our Story. Then continue reading about Preston and see how completely normal our life really is.
You are welcome to e-mail me at any time as well!
kraab04@yahoo.com
Sincerely,
Kim
P.S. I am a little biased but Preston is the best thing that ever happened to me!
Ok so I just read your story-I had not done that before commenting. Please do not give up hope. I was told to plan a funeral-well it's a long winded story, so please view my blog. I am praying for you, your family and Nathaniel!
-Kim
You and baby Nathanial are beautiful. Lord, bless this amazing family and send your healing hands to cover them. Amen
Post a Comment