Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big and Uncomfortable for a Reason

I've been feeling increasingly uncomfortable and tired lately. Simple tasks aren't so simple anymore. Giving the kids a bath, carrying a basket of laundry, even sitting upright in a chair feels uncomfortable. I thought I may have overdone it last weekend at the marathon- taking care of the boys most of the weekend, doing a lot of walking, etc. At my OB appointment yesterday I learned why I've been feeling so miserable. My uterus has grown a lot since my last visit. I'm 28 wks 4 days and my uterus is measuring 37 weeks. It's most likely additional amniotic fluid. I can't help but think this is the beginning of the end. That any day I could go into labor. This isn't a suprise, but the reality of everything is scary- the physical reality, the emotional reality. I don't know if I'm ready to face this yet.

4 comments:

ShyTriGirl said...

I some how stumbled onto your blog. I am moved by your situation and have decided to add you to my prayer list.

Grace to you.
Suzanne

Undomestic said...

Oh Andrea. I'm so sorry for how you're feeling right now.

However, you LOOK adorable!

Wanna come hang by the pool tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are still with you!

IrishMommy said...

Andrea,
Please make sure you have my number in your cell phone. Call if you need anything and know that no task is too big or little to help out a friend. Saturday night will be good, so just us ladies can chat without interuptions! Can't wait to see you.