Monday, June 23, 2008

Marathon Results

We got back from our trip to WI and trip to Duluth yesterday. I'm still trying to unpack and do laundry, but I wanted to post Mel's marathon info for those of you that are interested. I'll post about our family reunion trip later today or tomorrow.



Jacob and Kyle waiting to see their dad. We arrived near the finish about 40 minutes before I was expecting him to cross. We grabbed some seats on the bleachers reserved for people with passes. I figured they weren't going to kick off a pregnant lady and two kids. It's a good thing too, because I was tired and sore from the mile hike from where we had to park. Surprisingly, the boys sat very patiently.


Mel's in the blue shirt. This is about 50 yards from the finish.


He finished! His time was 3:57:28. Just under 4 hours like he had hoped to do.

After some lunch, some advil and a short nap he was feeling pretty decent.

4 comments:

Undomestic said...

Congrats Mel! You're not a virgin anymore.

Love the boys' shirts. Did you have them made?

Now when are you going to run one?

Andrea said...

I made the shirts and umm, I don't think I'll be running a marathon anytime soon. Maybe I'll start with a 5K.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is impressive!!! I'm glad you got a good seat, too. I remember watching Grandmas' many years ago and it was a lot even then.

IrishMommy said...

Crazy! I can't even imagine the pain of running a marathon. Gotta give him credit. Congratulations Mel!