I'm antsy for my physical healing to be quicker. My recovery from the c-section is going well, but I'm restless to get out and do more things, especially with the boys. For most of the summer I haven't been able to do a lot of active things with them and I miss it. I'd like to take them to the pool and the waterpark, I'd like to take a few family bike rides, I'd like to take evening walks to the park- normal summer stuff that I haven't done yet this summer. I feel like the summer is slipping away and I haven't really enjoyed it yet.
In an effort to feel more normal, I went shopping last night. Mel had the boys with him at the healthclub and I could have just stayed home and relaxed, but I decided that my two pair of knit capris and one skirt that fit just weren't cutting it anymore. Reminder to self, don't go shopping three weeks after delivery. I found a few things that were cute, but of course nothing fit. To add to my clothing dilema, I have this nerve pain across my whole abdomen so any clothing that rubs across my belly hurts my skin. Two stores and two trips to the changing room later, I was exhausted and sore and decided to go home empty handed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I had a C-Section with Tyson and then another on with the twins, The twins will be 4 on Sunday and I still have numbness and sometimes the surpise of the sharp shooting pain across the abdomen.........
I'm so sorry! I went shopping too soon after my c/s, too. I thought I was doing well because I walked slowly. I could hardly move when I got home. Oh yeah, and nothing fit. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Great effort though!! You can always build from there.
I've got 21 month (Beth's age) clothing blues....we can talk more in person. ;-)
I'm 8 months past delivery and I still can't find anything that fits- so give it some time. You are beautiful no matter what you wear
Love you
Brenda
Post a Comment