Monday, August 11, 2008

Beating the Summertime Blues

Jacob has the summertime blues. He won't admit it, but he really needs to be back in school. He likes to be social and he likes to be busy. The last couple of weeks he's been especially "bored." He got a little spoiled when Melinda and Sam were in town and with all his play dates when I was recovering. On Saturday Mel and I took the boys to the water park and then to the Dakota County Fair. It was a fun, busy day. Then on Sunday Jacob said, "we never do anything fun." What?

So today I decided we'd make our own fun. We started the day with mohawks (for the boys, not me).
Then we went to the library and armed ourselves with educational videos, reading books, craft ideas, kid's cookbooks and a science experiment book.
Our first chemistry experiment- the density of different liquids.
"Corn on the cob" treats
Water balloon fun

It was a good day and I didn't hear "I'm bored" once, but I'm exhausted.

5 comments:

Angela's Kitchen said...

I need a nap just reading your post. Sounds like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

wow! good for you!! you win the super mom award today!!!

Undomestic said...

Now why you gotta raise the bar like that????

Seems to me you need a couple more kids at your house to help out with all your fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun...i'm glad you guys had such a great day!

funkyhammer said...

Wow-za! Now that is a FUN FILLED DAY!