Saturday, August 09, 2008

Prayers for Melinda, Sam and Babies

We received difficult news last week from Melinda (Mel's twin sister) and Sam with regards to the twins she's carrying. One of the twins is very healthy and thriving but the other twin's growth is lagging about five weeks behind. Their perinatalogist referred them to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for more testing, but wasn't optimistic. It's been a very difficult week for them and for Mel and me as we are heartbroken and sad at this news.
They saw the specialists on Friday and were told the second twin has Intrauterine Growth Restriction. Melinda is 25 weeks pregnant and the prognosis for the second twin is not good. Please be in prayer for both of the babies and for Melinda and Sam.


Big sister Stella.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family has had much too much to deal with. I will keep them in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

mommyof3 said...

When I was prego with Lilly and Quinn, I was sent to a perinatalogist because Lilly was 30% small then Quinn and had extra amnio fluid, I was approx 25-26 weeks prego.... After millions of prayers and million of ultrasounds and non stress test, They did a leavel 2 US and Lilly came out of her growth restriction...When Lilly and Quinn decided to come to us early at 31 weeks, Quinn was 4lbs 11 oz and Lilly was 4lbs 4oz, I will keep them in my prayers and I have total faith that both babies will do very well