Two mornings ago I woke up to find Kyle hiding behind the couch (obviously feeling guilty about something) and I found the kitchen cupboard door open, an opened bag of marshmallows on the counter and hershey kisses wrappers lying about. Apparently he was enjoying a nutritious breakfast of chocolate and marshmallows while Jacob and I slept.
Today I slept in until a glorious 8:30 in the morning. I awoke to the sounds of Kyle in the bathroom. I assumed he'd just woken up and was using the toilet, but he was in there for an awfully long time. I peeled myself out of bed to check on him and discovered he had taken ALL of his bath toys out and was playing with them in the sink that he'd filled with water. There was water all over the counter, on the floor, flowing off the counter onto the full roll of toilet paper that was now completely soaked. After I cleaned up the bathroom, I walked into the living room to find a big box of rasinettes opened and almost gone. Who knows how long he'd been awake and getting into mischief while I was in the other room deep in slumber.
I guess the days of him coming and waking me in the morning are long gone. He's finally learned that while the cat's away (or asleep) the mice can play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
At least he's letting you sleep in!!!!!
I am noticing a chocolate theme to his breakfast choices. Smart little man!
Post a Comment