Monday, August 25, 2008

He's ready to go back to school

Eight days and counting until school resumes for Jacob. He had a great year in Kindergarten last year and we're anticipating another good year for him this year. I'm not sure if he loves the social part of school or the academics better. He really works hard. His teacher told me last year that one day she accicently gave Jacob two Math worksheets and when he finished the first one, he went on to complete the second one. When his teacher told him he didn't have to do it, Jacob said, "I want to. I like it." He also likes to please people so he works hard to impress his teachers.

Jacob had a reading assessment at his school a couple of weeks ago and he told me that being back at school made him realize how much he missed it over the summer. Ahhh... music to a mom's ear!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!

Undomestic said...

Back to school! Yippee! Here's to a great year!

IrishMommy said...

Yeah! Very good news indeed...