Yesterday was Jacob's first day of school. I think I was more nervous than him. I wondered if he'd find his classroom on his own, if he'd take everything out of his bag, and if he'd remember his bus number at the end of the day and get off at the right stop. Last year he "tested the waters" with his teacher the first few days and was a little disruptive and disrespectful (which was so unlike him) so I worried a little that he might do it again in his nervousness of being back at school.
He suprised me and thankfully found his classroom on his own, emptied his bag and turned in forms to his teacher, only received one reminder to stop talking when he wasn't suppose to and found his bus and got off at the right stop yesterday. He said he had a great day. He likes his teacher. He made some new friends and saw some old ones. However, immediately after he got off the bus he "let loose." He wasn't listening to me and he had this attitude about him and he tormented his brother throughout the evening (more than normal). It's like he was so good for seven hours and he just couldn't do it anymore. I hope he's just adjusting to school and this isn't a pattern. Maybe day two will be better.
Kyle starts preschool on Thursday. I'm so curious to see how he'll be in the classroom. He can be very social and funny or very shy and stubborn. Last night, we were reading a book together and Kyle pointed to watermelon on the page and said, "Us like watermelon.' I said, "Yes, WE like watermelon. Can you say WE like watermelon?" Kyle said, "No, I say US. I do it how I want. You do it how you want."
Hope he doesn't say that to his teacher...

4 comments:
Cameron was a total lunatic when he got home yesterday. I think they're just so reved up and excited about it all.
I love that Kyle...already with a mind of his own!
Awww...Jacob looks adorable in that picture. I'm glad Jacob had a great day at school. Hopefully he's a little better for you today :)
Kyle is too funny! I hope he has a great time in preschool.
Oh that's funny! The first year of preschool is always interesting. When all of a sudden there are peers and structure and TEACHERS. I can't wait to see how Derek does.
Yippee Jacob, now be good to your brother!
Kyle and Levi are one in the same. He likes to say "yes, I are" and he doesn't like that I try to correct him and just repeats it again, HIS way.
GOD BLESS TEACHERS!
Post a Comment