Monday, September 22, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want

When Melinda and Sam were here after Nathaniel was born, Sam taught the boys (mainly Kyle) a new song. The Rolling Stones You Can't Always Get What You Want. I think it started when Kyle was whining about wanting something (Dairy Queen, maybe) and Sam told him, "You can't always get what you want Kyle" and then broke out in song.
Kyle has been repeating it ever since whenever we tell him or Jacob they can't have something. He half sings it half speaks it and it's hilarious to hear.

Here are his words:
You always can't get what you want.
But you can try.
You get what you need.

Today I played a clip from You Tube because Kyle has never heard the actual song. He just sat there and smiled and watched. Then he asked me, "Why do we get what we need? Why don't you give me what I need?" I asked him, "Like what? What do you need?" He said, "Medicine and candy."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

Undomestic said...

Medicine...only if it's the grape kind... and Candy sound pretty good to me.