It's always interesting when I pick Kyle up from preschool. He's so excited from school, yet so exhausted. He's usually in a very odd mood. We have carside pickup so the teachers bring him right out to my car which means I don't have to get out. That also means Kyle is free to bounce around the back seat until he finally sits down and buckles his carseat. I usually spend five minutes in the parking lot waiting for him to tell me about his day, settling down and getting buckled. Last week I picked him up from preschool and had this conversation with him.
Kyle: (All smiles) It was a good day at preschool!
Mom: You had a good day?
Kyle: Yes. I have something in my bag. (pulls out toy)
Mom: Where did you get it?
Kyle: I don't know.
Mom: Was it someone's birtday?
Kyle: Yes
Mom: Who's birthday?
Kyle: I don't know.
Mom: Did you have a yummy treat for snack?
Kyle: I had milk.
Mom: What else?
Kyle: I don't know.
Mom: Can you sit down and buckle your seat belt?
Kyle: I can ride without buckling.
Mom: No. Sorry. It's against the law.
Kyle: I hate laws.
Mom: Please buckle.
Kyle: I'll be safe.
Mom: No. Mommy will get a ticket if you're not buckled.
Kyle: And then go to jail?
Mom: No I won't go to jail. I'll get a ticket and then have to pay a whole bunch of money?
Kyle: For a new mommy?
Somehow he figured if he didn't buckle, I'd get a ticket, go to jail, and then pay some money so he'd have a new mommy... and he was obviously okay with this since he still wasn't sitting down and buckling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment