Sophia and Grace were born October 28th. Little Gracie went to be with Jesus on September 17th but was born with her twin sister last Tuesday. She was just under a pound but thankfully her parents were able to see her and hold her tiny body. Today was Gracie's memorial service. It was simple and beautiful to honor the little girl who held on long enough that her sister could survive. The service was a little difficult for me, but I kept picturing Grace and Nathaniel smiling and laughing with each other in God's perfect kingdom. I imagined them walking with Jesus, each holding one of his hands.
Sophia is a beautiful baby. I was nervous that holding her would be difficult. She was the first baby I'd held in my arms since Nathaniel, but when I held her I just felt peace. Thank you Lord for letting me just enjoy Sophia.
I'll post a picture soon of little Sophia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Glad for the update. Can't wait to see pics. Too much to say now, but you and Melinda are both amazing for what you've had to endure. I love thinking about the two babies playing together.
Thanks for introducing the little girls. Their family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Andrea, how beautiful! Sarah roo's comment needs to be repeated. Gracie and Nathaniel walking hand in hand with Jesus and you being at peace holding little Sophia.
AMEN and rejoice!
Andrea...you don't know me. I found your site through a friend who lost her baby and yet I have found myself completely consumed. I feel so blessed and overcome with thankfulness for all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with, more so when I read what you have endured. Its not the trial in life that matters, its how you deal with it. You have dealt with incredible grace and faith...so inspiring. One of my favorite songs is...
His hands have power to calm the winds, and the seas are under his command..and He stands when all else falls, He's always stronger than the storm...and as the winds grow stronger, she feels she can't let go. She pleads to the father, He strengthens her soul and as the rain beats down, they wash away her pride, and as the storm moves on, all thats pure is left inside.
I love it because it doesn't say he lifts the trial, it says that she pleads and He strengthens her soul. Faith isn't enduring when its easy and things go our way, Faith is enduring when it doesn't. You are amazing
So glad you felt peace and were able to hold her. Praise God!
Oh Auntie Andrea...it puts a smile on my face to know that you felt that sense of peace.
All my love.
Linda Lee
Post a Comment