I got a call from Jacob's school nurse on Friday. She said it wasn't an emergency, but that something happened on the playground at recess that day. Apparently Jacob stuck his tongue to a metal pole. I was thinking, S
eriously? Doesn't he know better than that? His tongue was fine, just a little sore at the tip. He'd been back to the nurse a few times that afternoon because it was bothering him and she wanted to give him some Tylenol. I asked to talk to him and asked if he wanted to come home. He didn't and said he was okay so I hung up the phone shaking my head, then laughing, then shaking my head some more.
He told me later that evening that a bunch of boys were daring each other to do it. Actually,
double dog daring each other. It was beginning to sound a lot like the scene from
A Christmas Story. Thankfully he didn't really do any damage to his tongue, maybe just left a few
taste buds on the pole. And I think he learned his lesson.
3 comments:
I did the same thing when I was little, but licked the mailbox. Awwwwhhhh It was nasty! I Love the Christmas Story.
The "double dog dare" will get you every time!
I won't be telling Cameron....as I'm sure he'll jump at the chance to do the same thing!
Post a Comment