Friday, July 24, 2009

Never wake a sleeping child!

Kyle fell asleep today on the couch right before supper time. Because I didn't want him to be up all evening, I woke him about 30 minutes into his snooze. I get him up on his feet and ask him to sit down at the table for supper. I walk into the kitchen to get his plate and when I turn around, I discover he's standing next to his chair, his shorts are at his ankles and he's... peeing! He's still half asleep and he apparently thinks he's in the bathroom. I quickly run over to him and yell, "Stop peeing! Kyle, stop peeing!" He just looks at me with half opened eyes and keeps peeing. So now I'm yelling to Jacob to get some towels out of the bathroom. And Kyle's still peeing. I mentally try to remember the last time he used the bathroom today and realize it was probably before lunch. I keep telling him to stop and look what he's doing, but it's no use. He can't stop. So I just start laughing, because what else can you do when your child's half asleep emptying his whole bladder on your kitchen floor.

1 comment:

sarah roo said...

Funny! And, not. It's great that you have such a good attitude about it! :)