The other day I made enchiladas (and I forgot to wear the apron) and Jacob didn't care for the dinner. He very kindly told me, "It's not that your cooking is bad. It's just that you weren't wearing your lucky apron." Thank you for your tact, Jake!
Sunday, October 04, 2009
My lucky apron
I've been attempting sewing. My first two projects were pillowcases for the boys. They turned out great. You can't really go wrong sewing three straight edges. For my next project I made an apron. Mel asked me why I wanted to make an apron when I never wear one. I always remembered my grandma wearing one and my mom would wear one when she still had on her work clothes when she cooked dinner. The aprons they wore were handmade and I figured I could make my own too. So here it is.
Now of course I have to wear it when I cook. Jacob and I nicknamed it my lucky apron because the first time I wore it, I cooked a fabulous meal according to Jacob.
The other day I made enchiladas (and I forgot to wear the apron) and Jacob didn't care for the dinner. He very kindly told me, "It's not that your cooking is bad. It's just that you weren't wearing your lucky apron." Thank you for your tact, Jake!
The other day I made enchiladas (and I forgot to wear the apron) and Jacob didn't care for the dinner. He very kindly told me, "It's not that your cooking is bad. It's just that you weren't wearing your lucky apron." Thank you for your tact, Jake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's great Andrea! Good job! (Don't go!)
I love it! Such cute fabric. Did you use a pattern? Sewing is something I want to do more of as well. Fun!!
The pattern is from Amy Butler's book, In Stitches.
http://www.amazon.com/Amy-Butlers-Stitches-Stylish-Projects/dp/0811851591
Post a Comment