Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yes Ma'am

I never thought I'd hear those words out of my child's mouth, but I did. The other night I asked Jacob if he wanted another helping of food at dinner and he responded, "Yes Ma'am." I almost burst out laughing, but instead held it in and told him thank you for being so polite. Kyle on the other hand ( I feel like I'm always saying, "Kyle on the other hand...") says "yes, sir" to me all the time. He started this long before we moved to Georgia and he insists that sometimes you call girls sir. I'm still working on correcting him. I'd hate for him to accidentally say "yes, sir" to his teacher.

1 comment:

sarah roo said...

That's cute. My brother lives in SC and their kids say that a lot. Not sure if I've heard it in the family (like with Gramma at Christmas), but they say it. Nice!