Monday, November 16, 2009

My kid's in camo


Who are these people and what have they done with my city slicker husband and son?


Although I didn't think sending my eight year old son in the woods "hunting" was a good idea- his first experience yesterday was great! Okay, first of all let me clarify that he did not carry a firearm (nor will he ever in the near or distant future) and he stayed right by Mel's side the entire time.

That said, I still had serious reservations about Jacob going out in the woods.
What if he gets lost?
What if there are other hunters in the woods?
What if he gets bit by a snake?
What if it gets dark and they can't find their way out?
What if Mel actually shoots an animal and Jacob gets freaked out or emotional?
What if, what if, what if...

In the end I knew Jacob was in good hands. After all, Mel is an infantryman and I'm thankful and blessed to have such a great husband that wants to share with his boys all there is to discover and learn in the woods. So I guess I need to put my mommy fears aside and let boys be boys.

1 comment:

sarah roo said...

Wow! it's a whole new life already! I'm glad you got pictures. You're a good mommy. And wife!