Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strawberry picking

We went strawberry picking last Saturday at a farm about 30 minutes away. The strawberries were so abundant we filled two baskets within 10 minutes.
Sunday I made a delicious strawberry pie (Thank you Ginny for the recipe. I finally made it!) I should have taken a picture of it, but the kids were anxious to dig in to it. Yum. It was gone within 24 hours.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, first you flaunt your tomatoes at me, now strawberries.... sigh... nothing here yet in my garden but greens and baby herbs.

Looks like you had a fun day! Are you guys done with school yet? We have 3 weeks yet and it's dragging on FOREVER! I am worse than the kids with wanting the summer to start. At least today it got to 90, so maybe I'll see some growth on those tomatoes...