Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Birthday Blues

Kyle has the birthday blues. Yesterday was Daddy's birthday and Kyle was very excited to help pick out a cake and a birthday card. He was anxious for Dad to come home from work to celebrate his birthday. However, that excitement quickly changed when Kyle saw that Daddy was getting presents and he wasn't. He cried for about 10 minutes (which is a long time for Kyle) then hid behind the couch and pouted while the rest of us ate dinner. When he finally came back to join us, he burst into tears again at the sight of the unopened presents. It wasn't until Mel finally opened the gifts and Kyle realized they weren't toys that he was fine with them not being his.

Tonight was Jacob's friend Cameron's birthday party at Pump It Up- a very fun place with inflatable jumping things. I knew it would be a struggle to drop Jacob off and that Kyle would want to stay. As I predicted there was more sobbing and the saddest "Jacob is so lucky," between his tears. So I made it up to him with Burger King and Starbucks (he loves his milk steamers).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Mommy. I'm glad Kyle got a little something special, too! It's hard being 3.

Undomestic said...

Oh Andrea, you should have told me. He could have stayed! There were so many big kids from Cam's class, I didn't invite any little ones because I didn't want them to get clobbered! But if I knew how upset he was, he defintely could have battled it out with the bigger ones!