Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spring Sports

I've always looked forward to the day when the boys started organized sports and Mel and I could spend our evenings watching their games. This spring Jacob started Soccer and Track, but with the weather we'd been having the games and meets were less than enjoyable. Some evenings temperatures were in the 40's and it was drizzling. I watched one track meet wearing my winter coat, wrapped in a blanket and holding an umbrella. Not fun. At two soccer scrimmages, I sat in the car and watched.

However, last week the weather was much more summer-like and watching Jacob's soccer game and track meet was a lot of fun.



Jacob is the second from the right. He took first place on hurdles.



Jacob played well and scored two goals during tonight's game. He was really attentive and hustled when he played offense or defense because the action of the game kept him focused. However, toward the end of the game when he was playing goalie there wasn't nearly as much action. At one point, Jacob was hanging from the goal post and another boy playing defense was playing in the dirt right in front of him- both totally oblivious to the game. I wish I would have had my camera to capture that scene.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Those hurdles are ADORABLE! Glad you finally had some good weather to enjoy Jacob's accomplishments. Hope Kyle was better than Ella has been at these events!