Monday, August 18, 2008

No Super Mom Here

Just in case someone got the crazy idea I'd turned into super mom or something (based on our one day of activities and fun last week), I assure you I won't be winning that award today. Once again I awoke to the lovely sounds of "someone" in the kitchen cupboards. I got up to find Kyle in the kitchen with a bowl of Scooby graham crackers in a bowl. Okay, it's a better breakfast than marshmallows and chocolate chips, however he got them from a locked cabinet door. Apparently he's mastered the child proof locks. Now what am I suppose to do? His comment when I found him? "I didn't sneak them mommy." He wouldn't eat anything else for breakfast, but continued to ask me about a dozen times for a cheese stick. I'd give him one, but last night he ate three (I gave hime one and he snuck the other two) before dinner and then didn't eat his dinner at all.
Later, when I was in the shower I came out to find two rolls of toilet paper completely unrolled on the living room floor. What makes that fun? I've started an invention box of odds and ends that the kids can pull out and make crafts of whatever they want with, but they're not interested. Instead Kyle thinks it's fun to create art with toilet paper scattered across the floor.
I have to interupt to say that as I type Kyle is asking, no begging for cheese. Lord help me make it through this day.
We headed out the door to the library before I lost my mind but we didn't come home with "educational" type materials like last week. Instead we came home with Star Wars and Veggie Tales DVDs and a few books for myself. I need a distraction too!

On a postive note, Kyle did say something cute when we were getting out of the car at the library. I told him to leave his sunglasses in the car so he didn't lose them. He asked why I'm not leaving mine in the car. I told him I was going to hold them and then I asked if he was going to hold his. He replied, "my nose and ears will." Okay, you win.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha...I am laughing quite hard right now because I can totally picture it!...with Kyle and with Tyler too! Oh to be 3 again!?!?!

And even if there is no "Super Mom Award"...nice job Mom! He feels safe enough to go exploring! :-)

Angela's Kitchen said...

I lost my mom-of-the-year-award before January 1st was even over! You are a super mom to me.

How great would it be to be able to be so silly? I will be praying for patience! And a big basket for your unrolled toilet paper... just tell people you unrolled it to save time... hahahaha!

Undomestic said...

Um, yeah. That's why we go OUT of the house all the time!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!! Thank you!!! :) Does that mean you didn't hear my screams at your house??

IrishMommy said...

Being a Supermom is over-rated... Who needs that kind of pressure any-hoo? I too, like Angela lost that title on Jan 1st...

Preschool is how many days away?