Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Family bonding with video games

Let me start by saying I don't really care for video games. I played my share as a kid, but as an adult I think it's a waste of time. At least that was my thinking before Jacob bought Super Mario Brothers for his DS. I talked him into buying the game but he wasn't too happy with it at first. It didn't take long though for him to get the hang of it and now he loves it. It's been at least twenty years since I played Mario Brothers at my friend Debi's house, but I'm actually not that bad. Jacob and I have both made it to World Five and we've been having fun working together to complete the levels. Mel is at World Three (yes, finally a video game I'm better at than him) and Kyle is working on level one and level two. It's hilarious to watch Kyle because his whole body moves when he plays and he kicks his leg when he makes Mario jump.
The game is a bit addicting and I think we may all end up with carpel tunnel syndrome, but for now we're having fun. Oh yeah, and Mel's super excited that I'm enjoying a video game. Although I think it's killing him that I'm better.

3 comments:

Undomestic said...

I spent hours in college just watching my boyfriend play this game. I never played it...but I was the pathetic girlfriend obviously!

Anonymous said...

Family bonding at its best!

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's funny. I hate hate hate video games. All the eye-hand coordination. Dave and Davey are very good at it. We don't have a .... DS or whatever you call it (see!), but Davey likes to play those kinds of computer games. Just watching it makes me anxious. I'm a "talking side of the brain" person - definitely!